Account Executive | TEC - Jackson, MS
About the Job
TEC is a communications company making a positive impact to its customers, communities and employees. TEC builds connections through fiber optic networks, dark fiber leases, and cloud hosted internet solutions. Our company is expanding into new market areas with fiber internet connections. Our honest commitment to customers drives TEC continually to develop creative technology through innovative thinking within a client-focused business model. You will be part of a team that is committed to an excellent customer experience. The use of technology and our highly experienced staff provide superior results for businesses and consumers across the southern United States. TEC stands as one of the nation's leaders in this ever-changing industry with offices in Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee and Louisiana.
As an Executive, you will be responsible for finding new leads and turning those leads into long lasting partnerships. Account Executives will communicate directly with prospects to understand their individual needs and recommend products or services that maximize value. If you are competitive, energetic and have an entrepreneurial spirit, then join TEC!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Seek and develop new business customers by using strategic selling skills to increase company profitability.
- Understand customer business operations and develop comprehensive data and voice solutions to meet their needs.
- Maintain strong knowledge of all of TEC products and services.
- Attend community events representing TEC.
- Drive business to the most cost-effective fulfillment channel and channel options for sales fulfillment.
- Prepare and present professional corporate business proposals and executive presentations.
- Build and foster meaningful business relationships, and internal partnerships, based upon an account management team model.
- Must be knowledgeable of technical and customer service developments in the industry.
- Incorporate all applicable sales stimulation strategies, programs, and other targeting contacts, e.g. cold calling, prospecting, networking, and market knowledge. Must have willingness and enthusiasm to learn and apply new sales techniques when needed.
- Submit specific sales reports for prospects, including sales forecasts to the Sales Manager.
- Work well with customers, vendors, sales team, and other departments within TEC organization.
- Manage the sales cycle from end-to-end, including prospect identification and qualification, funnel and prospect management, sales forecasting, proposal generation and contract closure.
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of direct sales experience.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be detail oriented and possess problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
TEC seeks qualified professionals to assist and share in our continued growth. TEC offers employees the following competitive benefits package:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Personal Time Off and Holidays
- Group Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Supplemental Coverage - Accident, Cancer, Term Life, LTD
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: Human Resources Dept., TEC, P.O. Box 22923, Jackson, MS 39225