Accountant | TEC -Jackson, MS
About the Job
TEC is a communications company with a vision of connecting customers to the world and strengthening the communities we serve. As a family owned and operated business, we value your success and personal growth within the company. We strive to strengthen employees, build customer relationships, expand our fiber network, and increase profitability so that we can reinvest in our employees, company, and communities that we serve. As an Accountant, you’ll join an elite team that is connecting rural Americans with dedicated fiber broadband services.
With nearly 100 years in business, TEC is an established innovative communications leader. In the early to mid-1900s, TEC connected countless people to the telephone for the first time. And today, we are accelerating access to high-quality, reliable internet solutions for communities that need it most. With offices in Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, and Louisiana, we are playing a major role in the largest internet infrastructure buildout in the history of our country, and you can be a part of this exciting time.
TEC is seeking an Accountant to provide support to the Accounting management team with a variety of accounting concepts, practices, and procedures. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career with an employer that is on the cutting edge of the communications industry, then join TEC!
- Preparation of general ledgers in Microsoft Dynamics SL, includes accounts payable coding in Altec DocLink and some billing.
- Preparation of financial statements in FYISoft.
- Preparation of various monthly analysis and account reconciliations.
- Provides information and support for the use in the preparation of tax returns.
- May include preparation of tax and book depreciation.
- Preparation of cash flow supporting schedules.
- May prepare regulatory filings and tax returns.
- Assist in preparation of subsidiary and/or consolidated audit reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or bachelor’s degree in other related field with accounting experience
- A minimum of one (1) to two (2) years’ experience in public accounting or other related experience
- Must be proficient in the use of Excel and other Microsoft applications
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Must have the ability to meet various competing deadlines
TEC's dedication to employees is evident in our robust benefit package that includes:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage - Accident, Cancer, Term Life, LTD
- Paid Vacation, Personal Time Off, and Holidays
- 401(k) plan
Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: Human Resources Dept., TEC, Post Office Box 22923, Jackson, MS 39225