TEC Careers Opportunities
Work on the cutting edge of the telecommunications industry and grow your career with our team at TEC.
Business Account Manager | TEC - Roanoke, AL
About the Job
TEC is a communications company with a vision of connecting customers to the world and strengthening the communities we serve. As a family owned and operated business, we value your success and personal growth within the company. We strive to strengthen employees, build customer relationships, expand our fiber network, and increase profitability so that we can reinvest in our employees, company, and communities that we serve. As a Business Account Manager, you’ll join an elite team that is connecting rural Americans with dedicated fiber broadband services.
With nearly 100 years in business, TEC is an established innovative communications leader. In the early to mid-1900s, TEC connected countless people to the telephone for the first time. And today, we are accelerating access to high-quality, reliable internet solutions for communities that need it most. With offices in Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee and Louisiana, we are playing a major role in the largest internet infrastructure buildout in the history of our country, and you can be a part of this exciting time.
As a Business Account Manager, you will be responsible for building and managing solid relationships with clients, grow revenue by selling new business, manage projects, develop strategic plans, and support sales. If you are competitive, energetic and have had an entrepreneurial spirit, then join TEC!
- Operate as the lead contact for client accounts
- Build strong client relationships to retain and acquire new clients
- Stay abreast of company products/services and industry trends
- Manage projects through tracking and managing contracts on new business and renewals
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to meet goals
- Assist with challenging client requests and notify management of escalating issues
- Collaborate with various internal departments to ensure clients’ requests are fulfilled
- Monitor client relationships to execute client goals while meeting company goals
- Service multiple clients simultaneously to meet deadlines
- Develop and implement strategies to secure referrals
- Research and develop strategies to grow new business
- Collaborate with sales team to identify and grow opportunities within territory
- Forecast and track client account metrics
- Prepare reports on account status
- High school diploma; two-year associate degree preferred
- Minimum two (2) years of experience managing a client base
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
TEC's dedication to employees is evident in our robust benefit package that includes:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage - Accident, Cancer, Term Life, LTD
- Paid Vacation, Personal Time Off, and Holidays
- 401(k) plan
Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: Human Resources Dept., TEC, Post Office Box 22923, Jackson, MS 39225