Director of Marketing | TEC - Jackson, MS
About the Job
Our commitment to customers compels TEC to develop creative technology solutions within a client-focused business model. You will be part of a team that is committed to providing forward-thinking technology, competitive pricing, and excellent customer care. The use of technology and our highly experienced staff provide superior results for businesses of all sizes across the southeastern United States. TEC stands as one of the nation’s leaders in this ever-changing industry with offices in Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee and Louisiana.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for managing and directing TEC’s marketing objectives and programs for all products and services.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Planning and implementing sales, marketing and product development programs targeted toward existing and new markets.
- Researching market conditions in local and regional areas; gathering information to determine potential sales of products and services; therefore, creating a marketing campaign.
- Developing new uses for existing products by analyzing statistics and acquiring and analyzing data.
- Directing market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data to provide short and long term market forecasts.
- Researching and monitoring competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Developing and implementing strategic marketing plans and sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Developing and managing sales/marketing operating budgets which includes preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Planning and overseeing advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail.
- Overseeing and evaluating market research and adjusting marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Responsible for maintaining in-depth knowledge of all TEC products, services, industry trends and the competitive dynamics of industry marketplace.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skill Set/Certifications Desired
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in marketing, sales, business or related field.
- 5 years of related experience and 5 to 7 years of progressive management experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Trade Marks and Copywriting required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of design implementation and articulate in web environment.
- Excellent design skills and creativity.
- Comprehensive knowledge of production for collateral including scanning, pre-press and print production.
- Comprehensive knowledge of still photography and an eye for photographic shots.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent grammatical, spelling, proofreading and writing abilities.
- Highly organized, motivated and able to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
TEC seeks qualified professionals to assist and share in our continued growth. TEC offers employees the following competitive benefits package: