Construction Technician | TEC - Bay Springs, MS
About the Job
TEC is a communications company making a positive impact to its customers, communities and employees. TEC builds connections through fiber optic networks, dark fiber leases, and cloud hosted internet solutions. Our company is expanding into new market areas with fiber connections. Our honest commitment to customers drives TEC continually to develop creative technology through innovative thinking within a client-focused business model. You will be part of a team that is committed to an excellent customer service experience. The use of technology and our highly experienced staff provide superior results for businesses and consumers across the southern United States. TEC stands as one of the nation's leaders in this ever-changing industry with offices in Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee and Louisiana.
TEC is looking for a Construction Technician to work construction and maintenance of aerial and buried plant facilities. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, positive attitude and relevant work experience. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career with an employer who's on the cutting edge of the telecommunications industry, then join TEC!
As a Construction Technician, you will be responsible for the installation and repair of copper and fiber optic. Job requires familiarity with industry concepts, practices, procedures and an understanding of telephone plant construction and related equipment.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work construction of copper and fiber optic installations, additions and repair jobs.
- Maintain upkeep of vehicles and equipment.
- Load and unload necessary materials for construction, maintenance and tear downs.
- Ability to operate various construction machinery including backhoe, mini track, cable plows, trenchers and bucket trucks.
- Ability to back a trailer and load/unload equipment.
- Operate Facilities Management system including updating and closing trouble tickets and service orders using online computer systems.
- Must have the ability to work with online mapping tools and GIS systems.
- Must follow and adhere to all standard operating procedures to promote safety.
- Follow safe work practices and adheres to the TEC safety handbook and OSHA guidelines.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience.
- May require a commercial driver's license.
TEC seeks qualified professionals to assist and share in our steady growth. TEC offers employees the following competitive benefits package:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Personal Time Off and Holidays
- Group Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Supplemental Coverage - Accident, Cancer, Term Life, LTD
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: Human Resources Dept., TEC, P.O. Box 22923, Jackson, MS 39255
TEC is an equal opportunity employer.