Construction Technician | TEC - Bay Springs, MS
About the Job
TEC is a leader in traditional network communications as well as hosted voice and internet. Our honest commitment to customers drives TEC continually to develop creative technology solutions through innovative thinking within a client-focused business model. You will be part of a team that is committed to serving customers with cutting edge technology. The use of technology and our highly experienced staff provide superior results for businesses of all sizes across the southern United States. TEC stands as one of the nation's leaders in this ever-changing industry with offices in Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee and Louisiana.
TEC is looking for a Construction Technician to work construction and maintenance of aerial and buried plan facilities. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, positive attitude and relevant work experience. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career with an employer who's on the cutting edge of the telecommunications industry, then join TEC!
As a Construction Technician, you will be responsible for the installation and repair of copper and fiber optic. Job requires familiarity with industry concepts, practices, and procedures. Knowledge of basic telephony and data communications, wiring and devices is essential.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work construction of copper and fiber optic installations, additions and repair jobs.
- Maintain upkeep of vehicles and equipment.
- Load and unload necessary materials for construction, maintenance and tear downs.
- Ability to operation various construction machinery including backhoe, mini track, cable plows, trenchers and bucket trucks.
- Ability to back a trailer and load/unload equipment.
- Operate Facilities Management system including updating and closing trouble tickets and service orders using online computer systems.
- Must have ability to work with online mapping tools and GIS systems.
- May require a commercial driver's license.
- Must follow and adhere to all standard operating procedures to promote safety.
- Follow safe work practices and adheres to the TEC safety handbook and OSHA guidelines.
TEC seeks qualified professionals to assist and share in our continued growth. TEC offers employees the following competitive package:
- Health, Dental and Vision
- Paid Vacation, Personal Time Off and Holidays
- Group Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Supplemental Coverage - Accident, Cancer, Term Life, LTD
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: HumanResources@tec.com or mail to Human Resources Dept., TEC, P.O. Box 22923, Jackson, MS 39225
TEC is an equal opportunity provider and employer.