Customer Experience Representative | TEC - Bay Springs, MS
About the Job
Since 1923, TEC has been serving communities and connecting people. Committed to customers and our employees, TEC is a communications company with sights set on expansion and success for today and tomorrow. TEC continues to seek new opportunities to enhance life for our communities. We focus on our responsibility to the customer and each other as we work toward increased efficiencies in daily life. TEC brings technology to the fingertips of many with dedicated fiber network. At TEC, team members share a vision for strengthening employees and customers while expanding and increasing profitability to reinvest in our people, our communities, and our company.
The Customer Experience Representative is a front line connection in communicating with our customers. This role will also partner with other departments to promote, sell and fully support TEC's products and services.
- Serves as the first line liaison responsible for communicating with customers via multiple avenues, personal contact, telephone, chat, social media, text, email, voice mail, etc.
- Educate customers on the value of services and products offered at TEC.
- Provide customers with assistance in various areas including but not limited to functionality of products/services, account maintenance, billing, credit checks, order input, payment processing, training, non-payment activities, scheduling appointments and follow-up calls.
- Identify sales prospects and opportunities.
- Build positive relationships to enhance the image and public perception of the company.
- Manage new business and upgrade service orders from initial inquiries through dispatch/field support.
- Work to de-escalate customer concerns.
- Assist in processing payments, scanning customer payments, balancing payments/deposits, processing of disconnects, and non-pay/collection activities while following company procedures.
- Update service information, directory publisher, and E-911 service provider. Make toll inquiries and adjustments to accounts due to billing errors as well as submitting monthly and/or quarterly regulatory reports, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One year of customer service experience required.
- A college degree may be substituted for work experience requirement.
- Requires basic computer skills, organizational skills, clerical skills, including typing proficiency, written and verbal communication skills.
TEC's dedication to employees is evident in our robust benefit package that includes:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage – Accident, Cancer, Term Life, LTD
- Paid Vacation, Personal Time Off, and Holidays
- 401(k) plan
Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: Human Resources Dept., TEC, Post Office Box 22923, Jackson, MS 39225