Customer Experience Representative | TEC - Roanoke, AL
About the Job
TEC is a communications company with a vision of connecting customers to the world and strengthening the communities we serve. As a family owned and operated business, we value your success and personal growth within the company. We strive to strengthen employees, build customer relationships, expand our fiber network, and increase profitability so that we can reinvest in our employees, company, and communities that we serve. As a Customer Experience Representative, you’ll join an elite team that is connecting rural Americans with dedicated fiber broadband services.
With nearly 100 years in business, TEC is an established innovative communications leader. In the early to mid-1900s, TEC connected countless people to the telephone for the first time. And today, we are accelerating access to high-quality, reliable internet solutions for communities that need it most. With offices in Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, and Louisiana, we are playing a major role in the largest internet infrastructure buildout in the history of our country, and you can be a part of this exciting time.
The Customer Experience Representative is a front-line connection in communicating with our customers. This role will partner with other departments to promote, sell, and fully support TEC's products and services both internal and external. If you want to join a team that has a spirit of adaptability and collaboration, then apply today!
- Serves as the first line liaison responsible for communicating with customers via multiple avenues, personal contact, telephone, chat, social media, text, email, voice mail, etc.
- Educate customers on the value of services and products offered at TEC.
- Provide customers with assistance in various areas including but not limited to functionality of products/services, account maintenance, billing, credit checks, order input, payment processing, training, non-payment activities, scheduling appointments and follow-up calls.
- Identify sales prospects and opportunities.
- Build positive relationships to enhance the image and public perception of the company.
- Manage new business and upgrade service orders from initial inquiries through dispatch/field support.
- Work to de-escalate customer concerns.
- Assist in processing payments, scanning customer payments, balancing payments/deposits, processing of disconnects, and non-pay/collection activities while following company procedures.
- Update service information, directory publisher, and E-911 service provider. Make toll inquiries and adjustments to accounts due to billing errors as well as submitting monthly and/or quarterly regulatory reports, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One year of customer service experience required.
- A college degree may be substituted for work experience requirement.
- Requires basic computer skills, organizational skills, clerical skills, including typing proficiency, written and verbal communication skills.
TEC's dedication to employees is evident in our robust benefit package that includes:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage - Accident, Cancer, Term Life, LTD
- Paid Vacation, Personal Time Off, and Holidays
- 401(k) plan
Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: Human Resources Dept., TEC, Post Office Box 22923, Jackson, MS 39225