Director of Human Resources | TEC - Jackson, MS
About the Job
Since 1923, TEC has been serving communities and connecting people. Committed to customers and our employees, TEC is a communications company with sights set on expansion and success for today and tomorrow. TEC continues to seek new opportunities to enhance life for our communities. We focus on our responsibility to the customer and each other as we work toward increased efficiencies in daily life. TEC brings technology to the fingertips of many with dedicated fiber network. At TEC, team members share a vision for strengthening employees and customers while expanding and increasing profitability to reinvest in our people, our communities, and our company.
The Manager of Human Resources is responsible for leading and directing TEC's Human Resources and Payroll functions. This position requires comprehensive knowledge of human resources, payroll concepts, best practices and procedures.
- Responsible for planning, directing, and implementing polices related to all phases of personnel activity for TEC.
- Identifies staffing and recruiting needs, developing, and executing best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Responsible for all aspects of recruiting for TEC.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the HR Department.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the company’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Administer and oversee the administration of human resource programs.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Works with the Vice President of Human Resources to develop and implement departmental budgets and pay plans.
- Facilitates professional development, training, and certification activities for the HR staff.
- Responsible for keeping the Employee Handbook and Manager’s Policy Manual current with federal, state, and local legislation.
- Responsible for supervising and assisting with the administration of TEC’s Health, Life, Disability, and Supplemental Insurance plans and coverages.
- Provide training, education and assistance to supervisors and managers in identifying, evaluating, and resolving human relations and work performance problems within the company to facilitate communications and improve employee human relations skills and work performance.
- Participate in and represent TEC in industry meetings and conventions; attend internal and external seminars, workshops, and meetings.
- College degree is required.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively intense experience and responsibility in the human resources, payroll, and general business fields is required.
- Proficient in the use of computerized accounting systems in Microsoft Office applications.
- Familiarity with Kronos/UKG payroll and timekeeping system preferred.
- Ability to work well with other departments and related companies.
- Good negotiator and representative of the company; able to voice opinion and give reasons to support it.
- Good organization, communication, and leadership skills; ability to manage and motivate personnel.
- Good people skills, being able to communicate and listen to people in all situations while remaining fair and non-biased.
TEC's dedication to employees is evident in our robust benefit package that includes:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage – Accident, Cancer, Term Life, LTD
- Paid Vacation, Personal Time Off, and Holidays
- 401(k) plan
Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: Human Resources Dept., TEC, Post Office Box 22923, Jackson, MS 39225