Fiber Premises Technician | TEC - Bay Springs, MS
About the Job
TEC is a leader in traditional network communications as well as hosted voice and internet. Our honest commitment to customers drives TEC continually to develop creative technology solutions through innovative thinking within a client-focused business model. You will be part of a team that is committed to serving customers with cutting edge technology. The use of technology and our highly experienced staff provide superior results for businesses of all sizes across the southern United States. TEC stands as one of the nation's leader in this ever-changing industry with offices in Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee and Louisiana.
TEC is recruiting a Fiber Premises Technician that will perform installation and repair of our advanced fiber optic, broadband and voice services. The ideal Technician candidate will have a strong work ethic, positive attitude and relevant work experience. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career with an employer who's on the cutting edge of the telecommunications industry, then join TEC!
As a Fiber Premises Technician, you will be responsible for installing and supporting company products and services. The Technician position requires familiarity with industry concepts, practices, and procedures. An ability to communicate clearly and effectively verbally and written is essential.
Additional responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Represent and support TEC in the field through product installations and support company products and services including fiber drops, Optical Network Terminal (ONT), broadband routers, modems, gateways, and associated devices that are used in delivery of high-speed fiber DSL and Wi-Fi services.
- Troubleshoot and resolve/repair comprehensive customer issues associated with company products.
- Assess where trouble is located including traveling by vehicle (requiring a valid drivers license) to customer facility and checking wiring from fiber distribution, through drop to ONT and into homes or business.
- Operate Facilities Management system including updating and closing trouble tickets and service orders.
- High level of customer contact to ensure customer satisfaction.
Skill Set/Certifications Desired
- Ability to use Facilities Management Mapping (FMM) system.
- Proficient in the use of advanced test equipment.
- Follow Electronic Industries Alliance (EIA) / Telecommunications Industry Association 586A guidelines.
TEC seeks qualified professionals to assist and share in our continued growth. TEC offers employees the following competitive benefits package:
- Health, Dental & Vision
- Paid Vacation, Paid Personal Time Off and Holidays
- Group Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Supplemental Coverage - Accident, Cancer, Term Life, LTD
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: HumanResources@tec.com or mail to Human Resources Dept., TEC, P.O. Box 22923, Jackson, MS 39225
TEC is an equal opportunity provider and employer.