Fiber Premises Technician | TEC - Bay Springs, MS
TEC is rapidly expanding service into new markets and is excited about growing our team to contribute to our mission of connecting customers to the world. As a family owned and operated business, we value your success and personal growth within the company. You will be part of a team that is committed to an excellent customer experience and is among the most elite professionals in the industry.
TEC connects the businesses and communities we serve through state-of-the-art fiber optic networks. With nearly 100 years in business, TEC has been established as an innovative communications leader. In the early to mid-1900s, TEC connected countless people to the telephone for the first time. And today, we are accelerating access to high-quality, reliable internet solutions for communities that need it most. With offices in Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee and Louisiana, we are playing a major role in the largest internet infrastructure buildout in the history of our country, and you can be a part of this exciting time.
About the Job
TEC is seeking a Fiber Premises Technician responsible for installing and repairing advanced fiber optic broadband and voice services. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and relevant work experience. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career with an employer that is on the cutting edge of the telecommunications industry, then join TEC!
- Install and support company products and services including fiber drops, optical network terminal, broadband routers, modems and gateways and associated devices that are used in delivery of high speed fiber DSL and
- Troubleshoot and resolve/repair comprehensive customer issues associated with company products and services including fiber, DSL, Wi-Fi, broadband, data and voice Troubleshoot and resolve/repair customer issues associated with company products and services.
- Local travel to locations to perform work.
- Perform installation of fiber services into residents and business locations.
- Update and close trouble tickets and service orders.
- Mark up maps and submit to mapping.
- Other duties assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Driver’s license and good driving record
- A minimum of two years’ experience
- Must understand Local Area Networking (LAN) and home networking
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical & troubleshooting skills
- Technical support experience
TEC's dedication to employees is evident in our robust benefit package that includes:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage - Accident, Cancer, Term Life, LTD
- Paid Vacation, Personal Time Off, and Holidays
- Group Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan
Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: Human Resources Dept., TEC, Post Office Box 22923, Jackson, MS 39225