Human Resources/Payroll Coordinator | TEC - Jackson, MS
TEC is a communications company with a vision of connecting customers to the world and strengthening the communities we serve. As a family owned and operated business, we value your success and personal growth within the company. We strive to strengthen employees, build customer relationships, expand our fiber network, and increase profitability so that we can reinvest in our employees, company, and communities that we serve. As a Human Resources/Payroll Coordinator, you’ll join an elite team that is connecting rural Americans with dedicated fiber broadband services.
With nearly 100 years in business, TEC is an established innovative communications leader. In the early to mid-1900s, TEC connected countless people to the telephone for the first time. And today, we are accelerating access to high-quality, reliable internet solutions for communities that need it most. With offices in Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, and Louisiana, we are playing a major role in the largest internet infrastructure buildout in the history of our country, and you can be a part of this exciting time.
About the Job
TEC is seeking a Human Resources/Payroll Coordinator. The main purpose of this job is to provide the administration of company benefit plans and process payroll. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career with an employer that is on the cutting edge of the communications industry, then join TEC!
- Handles the day-to-day administration and compliance of all benefit plans including but not limited to enrollment, changes, terminations, cobra, employee inquires, billing, reconciliations, audits, reporting, compliance, and vendor inquires
- Process payroll for all companies
- Process monthly, quarterly, and annual payroll taxes
- Prepares and processes employment verifications, court orders, and garnishments
- Prepares and distributes monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting as well as employee notifications
- Prepares and maintains Substance Abuse Program
- Plans and executes open enrollment on an annual basis
- Serves as liaison between health insurance administrators and the company
- Assists in renewal of the health and supplemental plans
- Assists with FMLA requests and compliance
- Assists with 401(k) processes
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent; Associate Degree in business, accounting, or relevant field preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years of health insurance experience is preferred
- A minimum of four (4) years of payroll experience is required
- Proficient in MS Office and strong knowledge of relevant software (i.e., Kronos) and databases
- Demonstrated experience as a payroll coordinator or specialist
- Solid understanding of payroll best practices
- Proficient knowledge of legislation and regulations in payroll and benefits
- Must have strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Must have strong communications skills both verbal and written
- A high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation is expected
TEC's dedication to employers is evident in our robust benefit package that includes:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage - Accident, Cancer, Term Life, LTD
- Paid Vacation, Personal Time Off, and Holidays
- 401(k) plan
Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: Human Resources Dept., TEC, Post Office Box 22923, Jackson, MS 39225