Lead Technician | TEC - Bay Springs, MS
About the Job
TEC is a communications company making a positive impact to its customers, communities and employees. TEC builds connections through fiber optic networks, dark fiber leases, and cloud hosted internet solutions. Our company is expanding into new market areas with fiber internet connections. Our honest commitment to customers drives TEC continually to develop creative technology through innovative thinking within a client-focused business model. You will be part of a team that is committed to an excellent customer experience. The use of technology and our highly experienced staff provide superior results for businesses and consumers across the southern United States. TEC stands as one of the nation's leaders in this ever-changing industry with offices in Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee and Louisiana.
TEC is looking for a Lead Technician in our Bay Springs Division that will perform installation and repair of Voice, Data, Broadband, and Security Systems. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, positive attitude and relevant work experience. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career with an employer who's on the cutting edge of the telecommunications industry, then join TEC!
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Proficient in installation of company products and services including voice, data, broadband, and security systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve/repair comprehensive customer issues associated with company products and services.
- Assess where trouble is located including traveling by vehicle, requires a valid driver's license to customer facility and checking wiring from cable to plant, pole to facility, and building to equipment.
- Operate Facilities Management system including updating and closing trouble tickets and service orders.
- Proficient in the use of advanced test equipment.
- Assist the plant manager in assignment of specific tasks to technicians and follow up to ensure tasks are complete in a timely manner. Can be involved in planning of daily work activities for technicians.
- May utilize diplomacy skills to follow up complaints of customers with recurring service problems in the outside plant.
- Assist in promoting, marketing, selling and supporting all products and services of TEC.
- Requires high level of customer contact to ensure customer satisfaction. Ability to understand customer needs and make modifications and recommendations for improvement to systems with company products and services.
- May install communications and data equipment, related systems, power panels, concreate pads, and ground fields that are associated with installation.
- May install from staking sheets the buried distribution cable and pedestals. May cut overall service to old plant and new plant resources.
- May install and maintain transport and special service circuits. Includes but not limited to T-1's, HDSL, and SHDSL utilizing copper and or fiber.
- May be responsible for the emergency repairs of all fiber optic cables in the system including terminating fiber drops into Optical Network Terminal's (ONT), test , and turning up services. May include splicing large count fiber optic cables.
- Follow Electronic Industries Alliance (EIA) / Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) 586A guidelines.
- Responsible for the adherence to all standard operating procedures to promote safety of all employees.
- May be responsible for operating safely and efficiently the following equipment and vehicles: cable plow, trencher, backhoe, and aerial bucket trucks.
- Show proficiency in skills which may include acquiring certain educational/industry certification and training.
- Responsible for mentoring and directing the work of other Technicians.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two (2) years of experience.
- May require a commercial driver's license.
- Must understand Local Area networking (LAN) and home networking
TEC seeks qualified professionals to assist and share in our continued growth. TEC offers employees the following competitive benefits package:
- Health, Dental and Vision
- Paid Vacation, Personal Time Off and Holidays
- Group Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Supplemental Coverage - Accident, Cancer, Term Life, LTD
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Human Resources Dept., TEC, P.O. Box 22923, Jackson, MS, 39225