Marketing Creative Designer | TEC - Jackson, MS
About the Job
TEC is a communications company with a vision of connecting customers to the world and strengthening the communities we serve. As a family owned and operated business, we value your success and personal growth within the company. We strive to strengthen employees, build customer relationships, expand our fiber network, and increase profitability so that we can reinvest in our employees, company, and communities that we serve. As a Marketing Creative Designer, you’ll join an elite team that is connecting rural Americans with dedicated fiber broadband services.
With nearly 100 years in business, TEC is an established innovative communications leader. In the early to mid-1900s, TEC connected countless people to the telephone for the first time. And today, we are accelerating access to high-quality, reliable internet solutions for communities that need it most. With offices in Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, and Louisiana, we are playing a major role in the largest internet infrastructure buildout in the history of our country, and you can be a part of this exciting time.
Our Marketing Creative Designer will help our marketing team support all TEC companies by delivering our brand identity through multimedia design. You will work internally to gather requirements, pitch creative concepts, and execute within deadlines. You will be responsible for designing layouts for print and digital projects, including social media graphics, brochures, signage, direct mail, advertisements, video assets, posters, and exhibitor booths. If you want to join a team that has a spirit of adaptability and collaboration, then APPLY TODAY!
- Develops and creates designs for internal and external marketing outlets from billboards, print publications, flyers, brochures, direct mail, animated digital graphics, video, and other marketing materials in alignment with company style guide.
- Works with appropriate stakeholders to understand needs and creative requests ultimately producing tailored designs within identified timelines
- Responsible for videography and animated graphic assets across social media and internal communications
- Solid understanding and experience with design, fonts, colors, illustrations, and other visual principles.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Responsible for copy proofing which would require strong grammar knowledge
- Established portfolio of creative, design, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Identifies trends and insights used to optimize creative efforts
- Ability to work closely with the Marketing Team to understand goals, objectives, and deliverables for all projects
- File management archiving, manipulating, and distributing art files
- Collect and distribute various annual materials
- May also assist the Marketing Department as well as various other miscellaneous projects that may arise
Job Requirements and Preferences
- BS/MS degree is preferred in Graphic Design or related field and +2 years in the arena of marketing promotions, media and/or agency experience.
- In lieu of degree, candidates with 5+ years of relevant experience will be considered
- A compelling portfolio showcasing skills that are relevant to business goals
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office applications including Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Working knowledge in video editing software such as Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Advance knowledge of Social Media platforms
- Strong communication (oral and written) and project management skills
TEC's dedication to employees is evident in our robust benefit package that includes:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage - Accident, Cancer, Term Life, LTD
- Paid Vacation, Personal Time Off, and Holidays
- 401(k) plan
Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: Human Resources Dept., TEC, Post Office Box 22923, Jackson, MS 39225