Network Operations Project Analyst | TEC - Jackson, MS
About the Job
TEC is a communications company making a positive impact to its customers, communities and employers. TEC builds connections through fiber optic networks, dark fiber leases, and cloud hosted internet solutions. Our company is expanding into new market areas with fiber internet connections. Our honest commitment to customers drives TEC continually to develop creative technology through innovative thinking within a client-focused business model. You will be part of a team that is committed to an excellent customer experience. The use of technology and our highly experienced staff provide superior results for businesses and consumers across the southern United States. TEC stands as one of the nation's leaders in this ever-changing industry with offices in Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee and Louisiana.
TEC is currently recruiting for a Network Operations Project Analyst to work in our Network Operations Department. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, positive attitude and relevant work experience. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career with an employer who's on the cutting edge of the telecommunications industry, then join TEC!
This position is responsible for providing coordination among key stakeholders to establish, achieve, and sustain operational goals through application of Project Management disciplines, ownership and operation software platforms specific to operational troubleshooting/resolution of services and/or delivery of, and lead and coordinate internal training of software platforms. Network Operations Project Analyst shall establish key performance metrics, assist in precise support and provide an analysis of network-oriented products and services, product and support platform launch, network, and plant construction. This position will integrate network and device analytics to improve internal processes. Coordinate and manage outsourced software platforms and aspects related to helpdesk and customer technical support. Additionally, Network Operations Project Analyst develops both internal and customer facing product training for software application platforms used to improve quality and enhancement of the customer experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitor all aspects of Network Operations to ensure understanding of day to day activities, objectives, tasks, projects, communication, and support. Support targets including but not limited to Network Operations, Customer Care/Relations, Outside Plant/Construction, Marketing, Sales, Billing Operations, Revenue Assurance, and Business Development.
- Analyze and provide department support to Supervisors, Managers, and Director of Network Operations Deliver periodic training to internal departments and/or customer groups on service delivery platforms and customer facing product support portals.
- Responsible for engaging third party vendors to ensure quality of product and services are being delivered.
- Manage and own various analytical software platforms specific to operational troubleshooting/resolution of provided services and/or delivery of services to improve customer experience. Will also coordinate internal training of software platforms. Integrate network and device analytics platforms to improve troubleshooting aspects and customer experience related to helpdesk and customer technical support.
- Track and report on company / departmental projects and maintenance activities; maintains departmental project management database and network maintenance calendar. Coordinates and performs maintenance notifications to internal and external groups.
- Serve as a technical resource in projects and initiatives and ensure successful project implementation.
- Conduct ongoing evaluations and recommend changes for various processes to ensure escalation of operational proficiency within network operations and the company.
- Serve as a liaison between Network Operations and product stakeholders to remove obstacles related to technical communication, project deliverables, and/or lack of productivity.
- Serve as a source of information and communications between departments and company entities to promote Network Operations.
- Maintain and enhance various status reports for operations.
- Plan and implement projects within network operations. Help define project scope, goals, and deliverables.
- Provide reporting to the various levels of management within department that details expenditures related to budgeted projects and budget allocations.
- Track project and timeline deliverables.
- Monitor and report on project progress. Present progress reports as well as problems and solutions to stakeholders.
- Implement and manage change when necessary to meet project deliverable or milestones.
- Bachelor's degree or 5 years of experience and responsibility in telecommunications or related field.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Must have the ability to prioritize, collaborate, and communicate with teammates, other departments, and external customer groups.
- Must be proficient in project management software tools and platforms
- Must possess critical thinking and problem-solving skills
TEC seeks qualified professionals to assist and share in our continued growth. TEC offers employees the following competitive package:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Personal Time Off and Holidays
- Group Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Supplemental Coverage - Accident, Cancer, Term Life, LTD
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: Human Resources Dept., TEC, P. O. Box 22923, Jackson, MS 39225