Operations Support Specialist | TEC - Bay Springs, MS
About the Job
TEC is a communications company making a positive impact to its customers, communities and employees. TEC builds connections through fiber optic networks, dark fiber leases, and cloud hosted internet solutions. Our company is expanding into new market areas with fiber internet connections. Our honest commitment to customers drives TEC continually to develop creative technology through innovative thinking within a client-focused business model. You will be part of a team that is committed to an excellent customer experience. The use of technology and our highly experienced staff provide superior results for businesses and consumers across the southern United States. TEC stands as one of the nation’s leaders in this ever-changing industry with offices in Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee and Louisiana.
TEC is looking for an Operations Support Specialist that will assist in providing cross-departmental resources and support to improve service delivery and trouble resolution. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, positive attitude and relevant work experience. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career with an employer who’s on the cutting edge of the telecommunications industry, then join TEC!
As an Operations Support Specialist, you will be responsible for prioritizing and assigning service tickets to the appropriate field technicians and documenting and maintaining plant records.
- Manage incoming technician telephone calls for customer information including exchanges, service types, etc. Might also receive telephone calls from Customer Relations Representatives regarding ACP, PICs and service features.
- Process customer information from plant records, this would also include calculating cable footages for special circuits and DSL/Fiber availability.
- Receive and process service orders, building circuits in Oasis FM. Also responsible for correctly processing, provisioning and closing DSL service orders.
- Interfaces with customer over the phone to schedule a technician repair dispatch or install when necessary.
- Assist Care, Sales and/or Marketing when needed to maintain Campaign Manager regarding service availability and tracking service order status through Omnia and ReportWriter.
- Assist Care, Sales and/or Marketing when needed to assess service availability of sales requests through TEC’s online portal by use of Google Earth for addresses not in Campaign Manager/Target Marketing.
- Communicates with other departments regarding the status of FTTH projects, service availability, service order installs and trouble tickets.
- Receive and process special circuit, HPBx and other unique ILEC and CLEC service orders when necessary.
- Compile and analyze historical service order and trouble ticket data using internal applications.
- Contact and coordinate scheduled install time with customers.
- Schedule and coordinate internal timelines within a service order.
- Maintain drop and install calendar working to coordinate internal timelines within a service order.
- Associate degree or equivalent required
- Two years of related work experience
- Previous experience in telecommunications, dispatch scheduling or help desk preferred
TEC seeks qualified professionals to assist and share in our continued growth. TEC offers employees the following competitive benefits package:
- Health, Dental and Vision
- Paid Vacation, Personal Time Off and Holidays
- Group Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Supplemental Coverage - Accident, Cancer, Term Life, LTD
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Human Resources Dept., TEC, P.O. Box 22923, Jackson, MS 39225
TEC is an equal opportunity employer.