Outside Plant Supervisor | TEC - Friendship, TN
About the Job
Since 1923, TEC has been serving communities and connecting people. Committed to customers and our employees, TEC is a communications company with sights set on expansion and success for today and tomorrow. TEC continues to seek new opportunities to enhance life for our communities. We focus on our responsibility to the customer and each other as we work toward increased efficiencies in daily life. TEC brings technology to the fingertips of many with dedicated fiber network. At TEC, team members share a vision for strengthening employees and customers while expanding and increasing profitability to reinvest in our people, our communities, and our company.
The Outside Plant Supervisor is responsible for managing daily operations and maintenance of the outside plant facilities.
- Supervise technicians and assign daily tasks of outside plant personnel and ensuring successful completion.
- Direct and coordinate the installation of phone and data services including inspecting customer premises to determine installation methods.
- Manage and implement efficiencies to assist the technical team with cycle times, repeat issues, and overall team performance.
- Responsible for long term construction and maintenance projects including working or consulting with plant engineers, estimating materials required, placing purchase orders with vendors.
- Responsible for controlling plant inventory to ensure adequate supplies are available.
- Responsible for ensuing vehicles and equipment for outside plant are serviced and maintained in good working order.
- Train and supervise technicians in safe work practices and in use of equipment and materials.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years' experience
- Advanced knowledge in telephone plant construction, installation, and repair
- Supervisory experience
TEC's dedication to employees is evident in our robust benefit package that includes:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage - Accident, Cancer, Term Life, LTD
- Paid Vacation, Personal Time Off, and Holidays
- 401(k) plan
Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: Human Resources Dept., TEC, Post Office Box 22923, Jackson, MS 39225