TEC Careers Opportunities
Work on the cutting edge of the telecommunications industry and grow your career with our team at TEC.
Senior Network Architect | TEC - Hunstville, AL
About the Job
TEC is seeking a Senior Network Architect that will evaluate, design, test, configure, install, troubleshoot, optimize and support TEC’s multi-state production network. If you are competitive, energetic and have had an entrepreneurial spirit, then join TEC!
- Responsible for the configuration design, provisioning, and maintenance of Cisco Internet Protocol (IP) based devices, networks, and internet services
- Lead in the administration of security technologies such as firewalling, multi-layer VPN technologies, IPS, ACLs, and best practices adhering to regulations (HIPAA, SOX, PCI, CALEA etc.)
- Provide remote and onsite training for Broadband, IP and communication services to client companies and end user customers
- Mange and perform network systems software upgrades, including planning and scheduling, testing and coordination
- Maintain and support systems in a 24x7, large, distributed and mission-critical environment, including in-house, remote, and commercial colocation/data center(s)
- The ideal candidate will reside within the TEC service area, as the position will require regular travel to TEC market locations
Job Requirements and Preferences
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field required with four (4) years related experience and/or training in a service provider environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of four (4) years’ work history in Cisco Network Engineer role within an enterprise and/or service provide environment is strongly preferred.
- CCNA/CCNP or equivalent is required.
- Strong analytical troubleshooting skills required.
- Requires a valid driver’s license for on-the-job travel.
- Cisco IOS, IOSXE, IOSXR, NXOS
- MikroTik RouterOS
- ADTRAN AOS
- Routing and switch protocols MPLS, BGP, OSPF, STP/RSTP
- Working knowledge of PHP, MySQL, Python
- DHCP Server / Client infrastructure
- Well-versed in network security/firewalls/VPN
- 802.11 Wireless Standards
- VoIP, SIP, and MGCP
- Advanced familiarity with OSI model and routing protocols
TEC’s dedication to employees is evident in our robust benefit package that includes:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage – Accident, Cancer, Term Life, LTD
- Paid Vacation, Personal Time Off, and Holidays
- 401(k) plan