TEC Careers Opportunities
Work on the cutting edge of the telecommunications industry and grow your career with our team at TEC.
Technician Apprentice | TEC - Cherokee, AL
About the Job
TEC is looking for a Technician Apprentice to learn how to install and repair TEC services and equipment through on the job training and hands on assignments. The Technician Apprentice performs a variety of tasks and must possess the ability to gain experience, develop sound judgment, and understand pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career with an employer who’s on the cutting edge of the telecommunications industry, then join TEC!
- Travels to on-site work locations using a personal vehicle or a company vehicle, therefore, a valid personal driver’s license and adequate insurance coverage on the personal vehicle is required at all times.
- Work with Technicians to Install, access, and maintain company products and services within the scope of the position.
- Works with Technicians to operate TEC’s customer tracking system in an efficient and timely manner.
- Learns to red line maps to show where fiber or copper cables have been installed or repaired.
- Learn to operate various types of test equipment and trouble shoot both copper and fiber facilities.
- Works with Technicians to perform equipment tests and store results in TEC’s customer tracking system
Job Requirements and Preferences
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Obtaining communication certifications is preferred and encouraged.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and adequate insurance coverage on a personal vehicle at all times.
TEC’s dedication to employees is evident in our robust benefit package that includes:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage – Accident, Cancer, Term Life, LTD
- Paid Vacation, Personal Time Off, and Holidays
- 401(k) plan