Technician II | TEC - Bay Springs, MS
About the Job
TEC is looking for a Technician II in our Bay Springs Division that will perform installation and repair of Voice, Data, Broadband, SIP and Security Systems. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, positive attitude and relevant work experience. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career with an employer who's on the cutting edge of the telecommunications industry, then join TEC!
As a Technician II, you will be responsible for installing and repairing Voice, Data, Broadband, SIP and Security Systems. Job requires familiarity with industry concepts, practices, and procedures. Knowledge of basic telephony and data communications, wiring and devices is essential.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Troubleshoot and resolve/repair comprehensive customer issues associated with company products and services.
- Assess where trouble is located traveling by vehicle, requires a valid driver's license to customer facility and checking wiring from cable to plant, pole to facility, and building to equipment.
- Operate Facilities Management system including updating and closing trouble tickets and service orders.
- Install communications and data equipment, related systems, power panels, concrete pads, and ground fields that are associated with installation.
- Install from staking sheets the buried distribution cable and pedastals. May cut overall service to old plant and new plant resources.
- May be responsible for emergency repairs of all fiber optic cables in the system.
- Follow Electronic Industries Alliance (EIA) / Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) 586A guidelines.
- Responsible for operating safely and efficiently equipment and vehicles.
Skill Set/Certifications Desired
- Proficient in installation of company products and services including voice, data, broadband, and security systems.
- Proficient in the use of advanced test equipment.
- Ability to understand customer needs and make modifications and recommendations for improvement to systems with company products and services.
- Show proficiency in skills which may include acquiring certain educational/industry certifications and training.
TEC seeks qualified professionals to assist and share in our continued growth. TEC offers employees the following competitive benefits package:
- Health, Dental and Vision
- Paid Vacation, Personal Time Off and Holidays
- Group Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Supplemental Coverage - Accident, Cancer, Term Life, LTD
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: HumanResources@tec.com or mail to Human Resources Dept., TEC, P.O. Box 22923, Jackson, MS 39225
TEC is an equal opportunity provider and employer.