Technician I | TEC - Bay Springs, MS
About the Job
TEC is recruiting a Technician that will perform installation and repair of our fiber and copper systems that support Voice, Data, Broadband, SIP and Security Systems. The ideal Technician candidate will have a strong work ethic, positive attitude and relevant work experience. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career with an employer who’s on the cutting edge of the telecommunications industry, then join TEC!
As a Technician, you will be responsible for installing and repairing Voice, Data, Broadband, SIP and Security Systems. The Technician position requires familiarity with industry concepts, practices, and procedures. An ability to communicate clearly and effectively verbally and written is essential.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Represent and support TEC in the field through product installations and repair of company products and services including voice, data, broadband, video & security systems;
- Ability to balance the customer’s and company’s needs while building positive relationship with customers and coworkers;
- Knowledge of basic telephony and data communications, wiring and devices;
- Create, manage, update and escalate tickets in ticketing system;
- Troubleshoot and resolve/repair customer issues associated with company products and services;
- Local travel requires a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record;
- Operate test equipment to test circuits;
- Experience with voice and data communications preferred;
- Strong analytical & troubleshooting skills;
- Technical support experience;
- Reliable & dependable;
- Operate company vehicle in a safe manner.
TEC seeks qualified professionals to assist and share in our continued growth. TEC offers employees the following competitive benefits package:
- Health, Dental and Vision
- Paid Vacation, Personal Time Off and Holidays
- Group Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Supplemental Coverage - Accident, Cancer, Term Life, LTD
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: HumanResources@tec.com or mail to Human Resources Dept., TEC, P.O. Box 22923, Jackson, MS 39225
TEC is an equal opportunity provider and employer.