Technician I | TEC - Peoples, TN
About the Job
TEC is a leader in traditional network communications as well as hosted voice and internet. Our honest commitment to customers drives TEC continually to develop creative technology solutions through innovative thinking within a client-focused business model. You will be part of a team that is committed to serving customers with cutting edge technology. The use of technology and our highly experienced staff provide superior results for businesses of all sizes across the southern United States. TEC stands as one of the nation's leaders in this ever-changing industry with offices in Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee and Louisiana.
TEC is looking for a full-time Technician to add to our team that will perform installation and repair of Voice, Data, Broadband, SIP and Security Systems. The ideal candidates will have a strong work ethic, positive attitude and relevant work experience. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career with an employer who's on the cutting edge of the telecommunications industry, then join TEC!
As a Technician, you will be responsible for installing and repairing Voice, Data, Broadband, SIP and Security Systems. Job requires familiarity with industry concepts, practices, and procedures. Knowledge of basic telephony and data communications, wiring and devices is essential.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Install company products and services including voice, data, broadband, SIP and security systems
- Create manage, update and escalate tickets in ticketing system
- Troubleshoot and resolve/repair customer issues associated with company products and services in a professional and timely manner
- Ability to assess the location of any issue and travel to areas by vehicle to inspect and repair
- Operate ticketing system including updating, closing trouble tickets, and service orders
- Operate test equipment to test circuits and condition/characterize copper circuits and store test results
- May install communications and data equipment, related systems, and ground connections that are associated with installation
- May install and maintain transport and special service circuits. Includes but not limited to T-1's, HDSL, EFM, Metro Ethernet and other transport technologies utilizing copper and fiber
- Responsible for the adherence to all guidelines and standard safety procedures
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A valid driver's license
- 2 years of experience
TEC seeks qualified professionals to assist and share in our continued growth. TEC offers employees the following competitive benefits package:
- Health, Dental and Vision
- Paid Vacation, Personal Time Off and Holidays
- Group Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Supplemental Coverage - Accident, Cancer, Term Life, LTD
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: Human Resources Dept., TEC, P.O. Box 22923, Jackson, MS 39225
TEC is an equal opportunity employer.