Warehouse Attendant/Purchaser | TEC - Bay Springs, MS
About the Job
Since 1923, TEC has been serving communities and connecting people. Committed to customers and our employees, TEC is a communications company with sights set on expansion and success for today and tomorrow. TEC continues to seek new opportunities to enhance life for our communities. We focus on our responsibility to the customer and each other as we work toward increased efficiencies in daily life. TEC brings technology to the fingertips of many with dedicated fiber network. At TEC, team members share a vision for strengthening employees and customers while expanding and increasing profitability to reinvest in our people, our communities, and our company.
The Warehouse Attendant/Purchaser is responsible for supporting the Outside Plant Manager in maintaining and monitoring inventory of incoming and outgoing materials for services rendered.
- Maintains records of incoming and outgoing aerial//buried cable for TEC company records. May assist with and Utilize software systems to track orders and inventory and to issue inventory to contractors.
- Prepares material requisition forms. May require working with vendors to secure quotes for materials.
- Keeps inventory in an orderly and secure fashion.
- Keeps shelves accessible and properly tagged.
- Support Warehouse Attendant/Purchaser in monitoring inventory levels and flagging items that need restocking.
- Keeping inventory at the necessary levels to provide needed materials for day to day operations.
- Operate Forklift, Skid Steer, and other equipment to unload and load trucks and trailers.
- Responsible for safe handling of inventory items including cable reels, hand holes, pallets of material and boxes and safely stacking and storing these items in the warehouse or on the storage yard.
- May be responsible for the opening and closing of the Service Center doors and gates each morning and afternoon.
- May be responsible for the changing of all the air filters at the Service Center and the Commercial Office on a monthly basis.
- May be responsible for the delivery of inner office supplies, mail, and equipment from the Service Center to the Commercial Office as needed.
- May be responsible for the delivery of deposits from the CRRs to the bank, as needed.
- May be responsible for the shipment of parcels via UPS or FedEx as needed and keeping the records of the shipments
- May be responsible for the return of merchandise to be repaired or returned for credit to vendors or suppliers and keeping up with the records for these items.
- Adheres to all standard operating procedures and safety standards to promote safety. Follow OSHA guidelines and promote safety.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, preferred.
- Requires basic computer skills to operate various software packages in managing inventory.
- Creating purchase orders and interfacing with vendors via web tools and e-mail.
TEC's dedication to employees is evident in our robust benefit package that includes:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage - Accident, Cancer, Term Life, LTD
- Paid Vacation, Personal Time Off, and Holidays
- 401(k) plan
Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: Human Resources Dept., TEC, Post Office Box 22923, Jackson, MS 39225.