Important Updates to the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB)
Congress recently created the Affordable Connectivity Program, a new long-term, $14 billion program, which will replace the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program. This investment in broadband affordability will help ensure we can afford the connections we need for work, school, health care and more for a long time.
Households enrolled in the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program as of 12/31/21 will continue to receive their current monthly benefit during a 60-day transition period.
To find out more, and to see if you qualify, please visit the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) page.
Important: In order to qualify for the 60 day transition period you must be enrolled in the EBB before 12/31/21.
What is it?
A temporary FCC program to help households struggling to afford internet service *during the pandemic.
The benefit provides:
- Up to $50/month discount for broadband service; additional fees may apply
Who is eligible?
A household is eligible if one member of the household:
- Has an income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participates in certain government assistance programs
- Receives benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch or breakfast programs
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year
- Experienced a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a provider's existing low-income or COVID-19 program
How do you apply?
- Visit the online application at https://www.getemergencybroadband.org/ and follow these steps:
- Check if you qualify
- Apply for Emergency Broadband Benefit:
- Print, complete, and sign the EBB Disclosure Consent form - PDF and email it to TEC Customer Relations - teamcr[at]tec.com
- Once you receive a response from USAC forward your approval to TEC Customer Relations - teamcr[at]tec.com
- Call TEC at (800) 832-2515 for more information
*EBB is a non-transferable, temporary program limited to one discount per household and at the conclusion of the benefit, customer will be subject to TEC's general rates, terms, and conditions.