What is it?
A temporary FCC program to help households struggling to afford internet service *during the pandemic.
The benefit provides:
- Up to $50/month discount for broadband service; additional fees may apply
Who is eligible?
A household is eligible if one member of the household:
- Has an income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participates in certain government assistance programs
- Receives benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch or breakfast programs
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year
- Experienced a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a provider's existing low-income or COVID-19 program
How do you apply?
- Visit the online application at https://www.getemergencybroadband.org/ and follow these steps:
- Check if you qualify
- Apply for Emergency Broadband Benefit:
- Print, complete, and sign the EBB Disclosure Consent form - PDF and email it to TEC Customer Relations - teamcr[at]tec.com
- Once you receive a response from USAC forward your approval to TEC Customer Relations - teamcr[at]tec.com
- Call TEC at (800) 832-2515 for more information
*EBB is a non-transferable, temporary program limited to one discount per household and at the conclusion of the benefit, customer will be subject to TEC's general rates, terms, and conditions.