Over a century of service
Founded in 1923, the Bay Springs Telephone Company had a single vision — connect people. In 1972 we incorporated as TEC uniting 6 rural phone companies from Mississippi, Alabama, and Tennessee.
- 1984: TEC creates the long-distance carrier, CommuniGroup.
- 2008: We bring CommuniGroup under the TEC brand.
- 2017: We start expanding fiber Internet to all our rural markets.
When deciding on a service provider, you want more than a reliable product. You want superior service and outstanding support. At TEC the first step to exceptional service is an exceptional team.
Our team members are passionate, long-term employees. Each one dedicated to providing the type of extra-mile service you deserve.
For us, it's about people, which is why at TEC, we take care of you.
Your provider should meet your needs, not put them on hold. We believe in fostering positive, out-of-the-ordinary customer service experiences. The kind where your problems are solved. As a customer, you have access to:
- 24/7 Technical Support.
- Live, personal attention from a service representative.
- A dedicated account manager for business customers.
Made to Measure
Great solutions increase profits, not overhead. That's why we work with you to design a package that suits your needs today and leaves you room to grow, tomorrow.
Some of the benefits of this approach are:
- Custom solutions address real problems.
- Experience a smooth transition with little to no downtime.
- Constant contact means you stay informed along the way.
- Our team's 100+ years of collective experience guarantees an expert solution.
Our customers include government and educational institutions, as well as private sector industries from small businesses to multi-national enterprises. We have a solution for you.
You can look forward to increased high-speed Internet coverage in our rural markets. We're working on expansions in Mississippi, Tennessee, and Alabama.
We're always working towards strategic partnerships. These relationships enhance the products and services we can offer you.
- Partnerships with other carriers allow us to increase our fiber reach and network capacity.
- Our growing agent channels allow us to enter new markets and reach new customers.
Our communities are important to us, and we believe in giving back. Apart from our school team and community event sponsorships, our employees take part in a wide range of civic activities.
Some interesting causes we've supported include:
- Operation Shoestring provides year-round academic, social and emotional support to children in central Jackson from pre-K – 12th grade, while supporting and providing resources to their families.
- The Martin Theatre Restoration in Roanoke, Alabama. Destroyed by fire in 1980, it is now an active an open-air theatre.
- We provide public wi-fi hotspot locations throughout our service areas so others may take advantage of free internet access in their local community.
We believe in giving young people the opportunity to enhance their scholastic careers, their communities, and themselves.
Here are a few ways we invest in future generations:
- D.L. Fail Memorial Scholarships – we award two scholarships, totaling $5,000, to height school students who live in our Bay Springs, Mississippi service area. These annual scholarships are provided in conjunction with the Mississippi Affordable College Savings Program.
- SUSCC Scholarship – we award recipients each year with a Southern Union State Community College Scholarship that totals $2,400.
- Billy D. Young Memorial Scholarship – we award high school seniors based on merit, academic achievement, and motivation to serve and succeed in all endeavors.
We've partnered with DRIVE to bring education to our customers and communities. DRIVE's courses cover a variety of topics like:
- Learn common software like Windows 10, MS Word, and Email.
- Gain job skills like interviewing, writing a resume, or starting your own business.
- Master life skills like how to buy a home, work with credit, or create a nutritious meal plan.
To learn more visit the TEC page on DRIVE.com.