If you are having trouble receiving inbound calls, please check the following:
- Make sure the ringer on your phone(s) is turned on.
- Make sure your phone is plugged into an active jack.
- People calling you must be dialing your correct phone number. If you get a busy signal when calling your number from a different phone line, please check the following:
- Make sure all of your phones are hung up.
- If there is a computer plugged into a phone jack, it should not be connected to the Internet using a dial-up connection.
- If there is a fax machine plugged into a phone jack, make sure that the fax is functioning properly.
- If the line is still busy after disconnecting computers and fax machines, disconnect all other equipment from the phone line (for example, answering machines or satellite boxes).